Tuesday, June 27, 2006

things that currently excite me

1. i have chocolate chip cookies baking in the oven and they smell HEAVENLY! (never mind the fact that they came out of a tube of pre-made cookie dough, which goes against pretty much everything mennonite within me. they were, however, divinely easy to make. we'll see if josh notices a difference)

2. the plumeria plant that josh bought for me in hawaii last year has, like me, gotten pregnant and is finally producing leaves and one, tiny little flower bud! it still isn't much to look at compared to the plumeria trees we've seen, but i am still mighty proud.

3. yellow nectarines were on sale for 99c/lb at the grocery store today. i loaded up and they are super sweet. may have to make another trip there soon as i'm finding it hard to resist eating them constantly.

4. i have just today met 2 kindred pregnant bloggers via blog world. one lives in toronto and is due the day before me(!) and the other one lives in scotland(!) and is due a few months before me. there's just something about finding other women going through the same thing at the same time. helps me feel more normal.

5. the horrible burn that turned into peeling skin has FINALLY become the golden tan i originally planned for. it disguises the cellulite on my thighs very nicely, which has inspired me to prance around in my underwear more freqently, which is wonderful when it's so blooming hot out. (no worries, i only prance about indoors.)

6. only 3 1/2 more weeks until my friend christy comes to visit!

7. only 5 1/2 more weeks until my mom and dad come to visit! (and my mom has promised to make us roll kuchen!!)

8. at this very moment i am happily muching on baby carrots and do not feel the slightest bit nauseous. mind you, this could change at any moment, but right now i feel GREAT.

5 comments:

L&D said...

Oh good, I'm glad you met jellybean. She was one of those who I randomly blog searched. Love her writing. I thought you guys might become buds cuz the whole preg in comman thing. So cool. I'm such a match maker.

Talk of the Town said...

I CAN LEAVE A COMMENT!!!!!!!! Oh my word! I am so excited that I have to gather my thoughts now... moment please.


OK, thanks! OH! I love those pre-made-dough cookies. And your tummy is just so cute, I cannot believe it! Very cool about meeting other preggos. Cyber Space is fantastic: 'What they don't do these days'. (a grandma quote). Also, hope the non-nausea stays around for a bit. Must be awful! like being seasick on a boat that doesn't reach land for a month. Well, I won't comment too much here. Just slightly over excited that it is actually working for me. Hooray! And so nice to see you making happy-lists. Way-to-go girl. Miss you like craaazy. xxxxxxx

Jennifer said...

Yellow nectarines excite me too!
Oh and I get the nestle chocolate chip cookie dough in a giant tub from costco...that is how I survived the winter here! Yummm.

Hotshot's Wife said...

Heidi,
You look too cute!! Before you know it little Stew will be here. Sorry I haven't called you....check your email!!

Anonymous said...

so did josh notice the cookies, and did he know ??????