* tristan has taken his first steps and is talking in full sentences already! okay, so maybe his first steps were taken as we dangled his feet above the ground and his full sentences are gobbledygook that only a parent can understand:)
* still not much sleep...he had a couple of good nights of 6 hours in a row!!! i was ecstatic. then, somehow, he began falling asleep much earlier in the evening (like at 6.30) and that just ruined everything, since he then felt like it was morning at 3.30am. i had a bit of a meltdown yesterday, but was able to calm down in the shower, inhaling lavender essential oil (thanks jennifer!) and exhaling prayers.
* i was finally able to use some of my birthday money to buy new clothes for myself that actually fit!!! realized that for now, i can no longer shop in the "young" department, as even xl won't stretch over my new pam andersons. i found some cute shirts in kohls today and tristan behaved so that i could spend a lot of time trying things on. after reading in one of my books that losing an average of 1 lb per week post partum is normal, i have felt a lot better about this whole situation. i'm trying to view my wider hips and jelly belly as badges of honor in a way. necessary changes so that i can love my little boy with all of my heart.
* tristan's latest thing is laughing. he has this cute little baby voice, so his laughs sound kind of like santa on helium: ho ho ho! one of his favorite things is to sit in his bouncy seat and talk to the lion that dangles in front of him. he's also beginning to streth his newborn clothing, so i'm going to have to open the next drawer and see what kinds of bigger clothes he has...what fun!!
* i am now officially a stay at home mom. i handed in my notice at work last week. it feels so good to be able to watch tristan full time and i appreciate all of the hard work that josh has done to support his family. we are so blessed.
it seems as if tristan and his lion friend are no longer getting along, so off i go...