Friday, May 17, 2013

this made me laugh


 i have to say i have nothing against the time-warp wife; in fact, most of her cute little quotes about respecting our men and embracing our role as wives and mothers make me nod in agreement. this one, however made me guffaw. you see, my husband is many things, but the words "gentle" and "kind", while descriptive of him at times, honestly don't come to the forefront of my mind when i think of his many qualities. he is very loving, yet sarcastic. good looking while being terribly argumentative. sexily strong and equally as stubborn. faithful and yet often frustrating. i know that there are probably many husbands out there who fit the description of being gentle and kind, but i am so thankful that my husband is who he is because it will have been 9 years of marriage in 4 more days and he and i definitely still have it goin' on! he is the rock to my crazy emotions, the salty to my sweet, the chill to my stress and he loves me good.

happy (almost) anniversary, babe. thank you for being who you are and loving me for who i am.

5 comments:

M.R. Tumnus said...

Well said Heidi, he is all of that and more (of the good stuff). May you have a wonderful day of celebrating where you two are at in your lives right now. Blessings to you all.

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

Just saw the study about how conservative men are more masculine; Josh is like all the Stewart men I've known. Not a sissy in the bunch. They are kind without adding goo and aren't afraid of dropping some tough love on a situation that needs it. Ain't it grand?

Lovella ♥ said...

I love this Heidi! Good for you for knowing where your husbands strengths lie. I live with quite a few of the qualities you list and I'm happy about it as well.
Happy almost anniversary.

Julie said...

Loooooove this :)

Hayley said...

Love this!