Thursday, August 11, 2005

a reddish sort of tan

in exactly one more week, my parents will be arriving! my manager was wonderful and gave me an extra day off while they're here. this morning, i called my mom up to ask her a quick question and we ended up getting all giddy and gabbing on about what we're all planning on doing together on my day off. i am VERY excited!

i'm adding a few more links to other blogs...zandra, a fellow ramonian has hopped on the blog boat & you can see pictures of her amazingly adorable little girl at the brown's blog. tamara is a cousin of mine who lives in new mexico with her husband, mark. mark has written a couple posts on their new blog & reading his essays are such a treat...he is very gifted. and then leah. my very dear friend who is currently living in italy with her new husband, getting ready to move to thailand next month. her life is truly one adventure after another and i love hearing about her travels and living vicariously through her. she has only posted once and i'm wondering if it may be due to the lack of comments she has received, SO...check out her blog and tell her how fabulous her writing is and urge her to blog more!!

while driving down main street in josh's truck the other evening, a car horn began to bellow close by. josh immediately began pounding away at his steering wheel, as i sat there, wondering what in the world had taken possesion over my husband. the horn stopped bellowing, josh stopped pounding and he said to me rather embarassed, "yeah, my horn has been on the fritz lately." apparently it was HIS horn that had bellowed, and i had no idea, but it's been doing this lately, where it will just start up for no reason! well, this struck me as extremely funny and i couldn't help but laugh my head off for quite a ways down the road. now, whenever i need a pick me up, i only have to think of josh's horn with a mind of its own and i get the giggles.

on tuesday i went to the beach with sara and her three kids. it was actually the very same beach that josh and i were married on, and i hadn't been there since, so every now and then i'd stare down the long stretch of sand and feel rather nostalgic. we had a fun time watching the kids play and playing in the waves with them. i am quite proud of the fact that i almost never burn, and so i rarely use sunscreen. well, my pride took quite a fall later on that day when i realized that 3 hours on the beach resulted in a rather reddish back, arms, chest and nose. cannot wait for the peeling to start.

i need to get ready to leave for work soon, and i always seem to be rushed and today i am determined NOT to be. so off i go. later.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I love the horn story. That is very funny! What is your address Heidi?