...for fear that he'll fall right out! was checked at my dr's appointment a few hours ago and am now 3.5 cm dilated and 90% effaced. seriously, why am i not in labor?? definitely had some cramping following the exam, but that has faded away, so now i'm just waiting for josh to come home so that we can use the most proven "home remedy" to get labor going. and i'm not even going to apologize if that last sentence was too much information.
also, his head is no longer floating. its at a +2 (or else its a -2, i can never remember what those numbers mean) so when i do go into the hospital, i can just have my water broken if things haven't gotten started yet. ginny and i figured out a pretty good scenario on the way home. my ob is delivering at the hospital i'm going to on june 10th (the very day my dear husband has been hoping for all along) and so we figured that if i'm not in labor by that day, i can go in claiming to have had contractions....they'll see i'm at 3.5, so will likely admit me. then, when those contractions i claimed to have had seemed to have stopped, i'll just very nicely ask for my dr. to come by and break my water and ta-da! a baby boy will be in my arms within minutes. okay, so perhaps this isn't the most honest way to go about getting him out of me, but i thought it sounded like a pretty good plan :)