Thursday, June 04, 2009

he's holding onto the umbilical cord for dear life...

...for fear that he'll fall right out! was checked at my dr's appointment a few hours ago and am now 3.5 cm dilated and 90% effaced. seriously, why am i not in labor?? definitely had some cramping following the exam, but that has faded away, so now i'm just waiting for josh to come home so that we can use the most proven "home remedy" to get labor going. and i'm not even going to apologize if that last sentence was too much information.


also, his head is no longer floating. its at a +2 (or else its a -2, i can never remember what those numbers mean) so when i do go into the hospital, i can just have my water broken if things haven't gotten started yet. ginny and i figured out a pretty good scenario on the way home. my ob is delivering at the hospital i'm going to on june 10th (the very day my dear husband has been hoping for all along) and so we figured that if i'm not in labor by that day, i can go in claiming to have had contractions....they'll see i'm at 3.5, so will likely admit me. then, when those contractions i claimed to have had seemed to have stopped, i'll just very nicely ask for my dr. to come by and break my water and ta-da! a baby boy will be in my arms within minutes. okay, so perhaps this isn't the most honest way to go about getting him out of me, but i thought it sounded like a pretty good plan :)

8 comments:

Taxi Driver said...

(smile.) All things soon enough. I am sorry you are suffering, but we, Tamara and I, are learning a lot from your laments/posts.

Many blessings to you,
We are with you,
-ML

Jenn & Wade said...

thanks for the laugh.....home remedy never worked for us but hopefully it will for you!=)

Shannon said...

I'd probably go in tonight with the same scheme of getting water broken.

Z-Mama said...

He didn't strip your membranes again? I thought for sure he would. Oh well...I'm glad you have a plan ;)

Lori said...

It's crazy. When my mom told me I said something along the lines of, "Well maybe she'll just go right to 10 and he'll just fall out painlessly." Then I said something about how if I were you I'd just reach right up and pull him out myself. Obviously, I was kidding but it's still insane.

Meredith said...

I like the plan... :D

Ginny said...

Let it be noted that I recognize that it is not the most honest of plans, but a good plan all the same...:0) Hopefully, you will just have him by then, or have some real contractions that day and Josh can have his wish.

BTW, I had fun today.

Miranda said...

very smart sneaky plan :)