Tuesday, July 05, 2011

all for ava





over the weekend i was blessed to be thrown my last baby shower for my first baby girl. it was a lovely afternoon with great food, loving friends, and of course lots of fun little girl things to "ooh" and "ahh" over.









it was an extremely warm day, so the refreshing drinks and array of summery food were enjoyed immensely.









my sweet friend mara did an amazing job of hosting and organizing the shower along with the help of some of my other amazing friends.. (there is something so humbling about people coming together to do something special like this for you, simply because they love you!)






sara made the most delicious and beautiful filled cupcakes ever! seriously, these little morsels from heaven tasted just as scrumptious as they look.






i was overwhelmed with all of the gifts that were given, and i spent lots of time over the next few days organizing and putting everything in its place in ava's little nursery. as i type this, there is a load of delicate little dresses, bibs and blankets in the laundry that will soon be lovingly hung up and folded, awaiting my precious little babe's arrival. ....3 more weeks!!!!




(p.s. thanks to jessica and chris for taking these photos for me!)

10 comments:

Miranda said...

My favorite part of getting things ready is folding and putting away all the tiny clothes.

Your friends threw you a beautiful shower! I love the onsies hanging on the line. Can't believe you only have 3 weeks left! How exciting!

M.R. Tumnus said...

So happy for you Heidi. Is it hard to believe those tiny clothes will soon be on your little girl? I remember always thinking how amazing it sounded to hear the baby's first cry after he/she was born - such a miracle. Can hardly wait! XO

sara said...

So blessed to get to share in this day with you.

Sarafina said...

What a beautiful shower Heidi! You are looking so radiantly beautiful. And I LOVE the name you've chosen. I remember being several weeks away from the due date...so exciting! Bless you, and hope you enjoy these last few weeks nesting, and are not too uncomfortable.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful shower! So funny that you are friends with Mara... I've known them since I was a little girl. Looking at all these pictures and hearing about you nesting makes me want a little one so bad!! I've got the baby fever bad!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful shower! How exciting that she is almost here!

Anneliese said...

Aw... it all looks so beautiful! I'm so happy for you!

Jessica LaTour said...

You are such a beautiful mama & friend! I feel so blessed to pre-celebrate & anticipate the arrival of your sweet baby girl! Sooooooooooooooon!!!

kelly ens said...

beautiful - so cute!!! :) Can't wait to hear of her arrival!

Joshie's Sweetie said...

You look beautiful! I can't wait to see pictures of the little bundle:)