there are gusts of wind and rain outside my windows that remind me of what hurricanes look like on tv. my normally happy, bubbly baby is a miserable, snotty, tooth-cutting mess. he can't nurse because that involves not breathing through his mouth and his nose is so clogged up that even nasal drops aren't making a difference. after a looooong night up with a sick baby, i'm still in my pajamas, which are covered in snot and tears (samuel's tears; not mine). and even though our dishwasher has been fixed, my kitchen counter looks very similar to the picture i posted a couple of weeks ago. to top it all off, i keep thinking that today is friday and am devastated every half hour or so when i realize that its only thursday.
i know that this isn't much to complain about. i dislike complainers and i try very hard not to be one of them. when i look at the events taking place on the news i feel ashamed to even think these complaining thoughts. but. i'm having an icky day and just wanted to record it. normally, when my mind just won't stop whining about lame, self-centered things, i sit down and make a list of all the things that i am thankful for right now. so that's what i'm going to do:
1. our power hasn't gone out yet today, so my crock pot dinner is still cooking away.
2. the fact that i have a crock pot dinner cooking away.
3. my husband has work
4. my husband and i are going to watch a bunch of episodos of LOST season 5 tonight. we are so addicted to that show.
5. our bedding is in the laundry right now and nothing is quite as nice at the end of a rough day as settling down to sleep on freshly washed bedding.
6. tristan is happily playing with his trains and is not at this very moment asking me for another snack.
7. samuel is napping at this very moment (may not be true in about 5 more minutes)
8. i found the most amazing, diet friendly recipe for chocolate oatmeal cookies. they are only 1 point each and taste divine.
okay, that's enough i'm feeling better already. which is good because #6 & 7 are no longer true. gotta go!